The 1950s Vintage Christmas Baubles


These are original 1950s Christmas tree baubles, painted and by hand, over razor thin glass, with lashings of glitter.

It’s a miracle they’ve made it to Christmas 2013.


When I saw them a few years ago at an antique market I snapped them up for myself and my mother, because my Grandmother’s tree was full of these things, but the originals have been lost.


 As a child, I vividly remember poking my finger into each gleaming indent as Perry Como sang There’s No Place Like Home for the Holidays. Magically, another finger poked back.


I bought three boxes of vintage baubles from that antique market. On the top of each box someone had kindly written “best”, “2nd best” and “3rd best”


Of course, mum got the best.


Aren’t they fab-u-lous?

Invitation to Comment

Tell me about your special ornaments, the oldest ones on the tree, or the hand made ones you cherish.

What’s your earliest Christmas memory?

Don't miss the next post

Find this blog on Facebook or Pinterest 
Click here to receive Vintage Copywriting by Email

Next Post: The Joyce Mercer
1930s Children's Illustrations





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World War I Embroidered Silk Postcards

The 1960s Bundeswehr (West German) Greatcoat

The "Steampunk" Victorian Wedding Dress